Friday, August 26, 2011

What Ever Happened To...

Upon a Moon Dark MoorDo you ever read a couple of books by an author and then they seem to suddenly disappear?  For myself, I can think of two authors I am wondering about.  First up is Rebecca Brandewyne.  I read her book, Upon a Moon Dark Moor, for the first time when I was about 13.  I loved the gothic feel to it, and how Brandewyne did not rush the story, but let it unfold as Draco and Maggie grew up.  There was also a sequel involving their sons, Across a Starlit Sea.  The way the sequel ended left it pretty wide open for a third book involving the grandchildren.  According to her website the third book will be called Beneath a Sun-Washed Sky, and it should have been finished in 2007 or 2008.  I have not come across it in my searches.



BlackheartThe second author is Tamara Leigh.  A couple of years ago I read her book, Blackheart.  It was a Medieval where a man, Lord Bernart Kinthorpe, orders his wife Juliana to sleep with his enemy, Lord Gabriel de Vere.  Lord Kinthorpe is impotent but wants to put an end to the rumours that he is by producing an heir.  I can't remember the reason why he chose his enemy, but the rest of the story is about Gabriel finding out about the plot and falling in love with Juliana.  Again, there was a subplot with Juliana's sister that made it obvious that there would be a sequel.  If I remember correctly, the sister had suffered an injury to her head that left her somewhat mentally incapacitated.  During the time that Juliana was taken by Gabriel, the sister left Kinthorpe's castle.  At the end of the novel, Gabriel's friend (naturally) was looking for the sister to bring her back. This book was written in 2001 and the book about the sister has not been written yet.  The information I can find is that Tamara Leigh is now writing inspirational romances.  Which is a shame because I really enjoyed her medieval romances and wanted to read the story of the sister.  I can understand that authors' style changes.  Some move from historical to contemporary or erotic to mainstream.  But I do wonder if authors sometimes owe it to their fans to at least finish what they started.

 

No comments: