Sunday, March 6, 2011

Review - Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

ShadowfeverIf you have not read this series by Karen Marie Moning what are you waiting for?  The five books follows MacKayla Lane as she travels to Ireland to find her sister's killer.  Once there, Mac discovers that she is a sidhe-seer - one that can see Fae and sense an evil book.  There are numerous people after the book and are willing to use her to get it.  But who can Mac trust?  Is it Jericho Barrons who keeps saving her life, V'Lane a Seelie prince, or Rowena, leader of the sidhe-seers?  
I tried to keep this review as vague as possible to avoid any spoilers.  This final book in the Fever series was a satisfying conclusion to a wonderful story.  Throughout the books I had many theories about who each character was.  I will be honest and say I think I was wrong on every one.  There were many twists and turns in Shadowfever that I did not see coming.  But I think each one was true to the story and did not feel like a copout.  There were a couple of questions left unanswered in a way that suggests that although MacKayla's story has been told, there are others that will be.  Hopefully if Dani is one of them, her style will be changed.  I liked her as a character but there were a couple of times that the story was told from her point of view and that point of view was jarring and annoying.  I assume it was written that way because she is young.  I am also hoping that Christian, V'Lane and the Unseelie King get their own stories.  I cannot recommend this book enough.  As soon as I closed the book, I immediately opened up the first book to start the series from the beginning.  

No comments: