Saturday, April 30, 2011

30 Days of Books - Day 3


Your Favourite Series

Without a doubt my favourite series is the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.  I started reading these books back in the summer of 1998.  I had been thinking about starting this series for awhile but was waiting to find the books in a used book store.  I finally found Voyageur in a used book store and snatched it up.  For some reason I thought that I would start to read it slowly until I got the first and second book.  I kept on reading it, thinking that the next time I was at a bookstore I would get Outlander.  I think I held out for two days then had to go and buy the first two books.  I was somewhat lucky in that the first four books had been published by the time I started reading them.  But I am so jealous of newcomers starting right now who have seven books to go through before having to wait for the next one.  It is likely that book 8 will not be published until sometime in 2013 with the possibility of more books to follow.

      

No comments: