Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Book Trailer

Today's book trailer is for Lisa Kleypas' Sugar Daddy.



I loved this book and have read it about three times now.  The first time I read it, I cried at some parts and I stayed up until 3am to finish reading it.  Sugar Daddy was Kleypas' first contemporary, I was worried that another historical author had switched over to contemporary.  I find that while I love an author's voice in one genre, it loses something in another.  Julie Garwood is one example.  Her historicals are timeless, quaint, and sweet.  Her contemporaries on the other hand leave something to be desired.  I can't remember what exactly I don't like about them because it has been so long since I have read one. I stopped reading them after the second or third one.  Lisa Kleypas on the other hand has proved to me that she has a compelling voice in the historical and contemporary genres.

No comments: