Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Book Trailer

Today's book trailer is actually for an upcoming movie, Jane Eyre.



I first read Jane Eyre when I was 10 years old.  I started to read it again this past week, and am finding it a bit boring and dry.  But seeing this trailer makes me want to push through.  There had to be some reason I have kept this book for over twenty years.  But what drew me first to Jane Eyre was The Curse of the Concullens by Florence Stevenson:  

Lucy Ayers loved to fancy herself the heroine of a great romantic novel.  But the moment she moved into ancient O'Hagan Castle, all her fanciful dreams fast took on a nightmare reality.

Beneath her window a wailing banshee foretold doom and destruction.  Chained within the bowels of the castle, a young child bared his teeth at the moon and lusted for blood.  In the rotting woods an unknown creature lurked, eager to rip out the throats of those who ventured too near.

It was no wonder, then, that two governesses had already vanished.  Yet Lucy was determined to stay on.  As an outsider, perhaps only she could escape the dreadful Curse of the Concullens...and free the attractive man who lived under it...



I found this Gothic romance with vampires, werewolves, and governesses in my mom's bookshelf and kept it ever since. How did this book make me want to read Jane Eyre you ask?  Well it was Lucy's favourite book and the reason she became a governess.  So I just had to read it.  The book is out of print, but used copies are still available at Amazon. 

No comments: