Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Royal Wedding Mania

I have a confession, I haven't touched a book since last Thursday.  The reason?  William and Kate's wedding.  I had no idea I would get this immersed into it.  I knew that I would watch the wedding and most of the commentary this coming Friday, but I had no interest in any of the shows leading up to the main event.  That was until Sunday.  I think there were at least three different channels that had almost all day programming related to the Royals.  I watched a show on the different Royal weddings over the past 60 years which I enjoyed.  Another that focused on Kate's ancestry and talked to distant relatives - somewhat interesting, but really, what would a second cousin twice removed be able to tell us about Kate?  One show, I think it was "30 Moments in 30 years", was a little sad.  It brought back the grief many people felt at the death of princess Diana.  At times when I see these retrospective shows I start to think "what if"?  What if Charles and Diana had truly loved each other, what if she hadn't died etc. etc.  then there was the movie about kate and William.  Holy crapfest Batman, was that movie ever bad!  The acting, the dialogue, the scenery (California can really double as England and Scotland???) it was all horrific.


Anyway, I'm pretty sure this new found obsession will abate by Saturday.  I am just caught up in the rush of the Royal wedding (did you know they even have Kate and William paper dolls?).  Now I just need to decide what time I am getting up Friday morning.  I have the day off, so you will find me on the couch for most of the day watching the ceremony.  Coverage starts at 3am here, but I don't think I am getting up that early.  One program I watched said that the either the bridesmaids or Prince William (I can't remember) will leave first and make their way to Westminster Abbey around 10:15am which will be 5:15am my time.  Kate will leave for the Abbey around 10:45am.  So I think I will definitely be up for 5:00 am. 

No comments: