Sunday, April 10, 2011

Review - Treachery in Death by J.D. Robb

Treachery in Death is J.D. Robb's 33rd full-length novel featuring Eve Dallas and her husband Roarke.  After working out in the old gym, Detective Peabody overhears two cops arguing about their illegal activities and a subsequent murder for cover up.  What follows  is an internal investigation with the usual team lead by Dallas.

 Since the reader is aware early on who the bad guy is, there is little mystery.  Instead, the book focuses more on the suspense of leading the dirty cops to their demise.  I enjoyed this book, although I might need a cheat sheet with a list of who's who soon.  It took me a little while to remember who Webster is.  He also gets a love interest in this novel, I'm assuming she is a character introduced in one of the novellas (which I haven't read) because I do not remember her at all.  There were some sweet scenes between Eve and Roarke, which I prefer.  I get a little tired of each book having the two struggle with their relationship and how they interact with each other. 

All in all this was a good addition to the series, the storyline was tight and suspenseful, and 33 books later I am still interested in the characters and their lives.

No comments: