Saturday, May 14, 2011

30 Days of Books - Day 17

Favourite Quote From Your Favourite Book

This was really hard.  There were a couple of quotes I could have picked.  Some gave insight into Kristen's personality and behaviour.  While others were very emotional but were spoilers for anyone who has not read Hearts Aflame yet.  Finally I decided to go with this:

They had sailed south, farther south than Kristen had ever dreamed of going.  She knew it was south, for each night the sky stayed darker longer, until finally the darkness was equal to the daylight.  For days now they had sailed past a beautiful land whose coastline was kissed by summer's green, but no one would tell her what land it was.

I chose this quote because I could feel Kristen's excitement building as her adventure was finally beginning.  Also, because I knew that she would soon be meeting Royce and the story would really begin.

No comments: