Wednesday, May 18, 2011

30 Days of Books - Day 21

Favourite Book From Your Childhood

Trixie Belden, Trixie Belden, Trixie Belden, Trixie Belden.  Did I mention that my favourite book from childhood was any of the books from the Trixie Belden series?  Loved these books like no other.  And she can kick Nancy Drew's ass any day!!  I can still remember the day I came across the first book, Trixie Belden and the Secret of the Mansion.  I was 8 years old and completely bored on a Sunday afternoon.  My parents were reading comfortably in the living room and had no desire to entertain me.  For some reason I went into the basement and came across some of my mom's old books.  I think I read that book in one day.  Luckily, the next book Trixie Belden and the Red Trailer Mystery was also in the box. 

For anyone who doesn't know, Trixie Belden is a thirteen year old tomboy who loves horses.  One summer she becomes best friends with Honey Wheeler.  Soon, with Trixie's two older brothers, Honey's adopted brother and two more friends the form the Bob-Whites of the Glen and solve mysteries.  The books were written between 1948 and 1985 then were out of print.  In 2003 Random House reprinted the first 15 books but stopped there.  There are 39 books in total plus two quiz books.  Right now the books are still available and I highly suggest them for girls between the ages of 7 and 10 who love mysteries and horses.  If you want the books to continue to be available, email Random House.

No comments: