Monday, May 2, 2011

30 Days of Books - Day 5

A Book That Makes You Happy

This one was hard and I had to think for a while before I decided on which book I was going to choose.  At first I was going choose Outlander or Hearts Aflame but I want to try and choose a different book/author for every day as much as possible.  So the book that makes me happy is Tender Rebel by Johanna Lindsey.  It is the second book in the Malory family series and is one of the best. 

Scottish heiress Roslynn Chadwick needs the safety of marriage to protect her from an unscrupulous cousin and from the army of fortune-hunting scoundrels who covet her wealth and beauty. And Anthony Malory is everything she has been warned about.
A ruthless, irresistibly handsome English rogue, Malory′s sensual blue eyes speak of limitless pleasures. How Roslynn wishes she dared love such a man, but believing his passionate promises will only lead her into uncertain realms - and to unimagined heights of love.

Anthony is the epitome of the English rogue, he is charming, unrepentant, and when he falls in love, he falls hard.  I long for the return of historical romances like this one.

No comments: