Thursday, May 5, 2011

30 Days of Books - Day 8

Most Overrated Book

I had no trouble thinking about which book I was going to talk about today.  For me, the most overrated book is the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.  I remember at the time it was widely popular that there was a waiting list at the library for it.  While waiting patiently, I watched shows talking about the theory behind the story, possible clues in art etc.  I was really interested and intrigued and tried to find as much information on the subject as possible.  When I finally had the book in my hands, I didn't even get through the first chapter.  I honestly don't remember why I didn't like it because I read so little of it.  I think it was because the writing felt very flat and amateurish.  Maybe I had read up too much on the subject and built the book up too much before I got it.  I don't know, whatever it was, I just could not get into the story.

No comments: