Thursday, May 26, 2011

30 Days of Books - Day 30

Your Favourite Book Of All Time

CoverI think my favourite book of all time has to be one of the first books I loved to read over and over again - Cinderella.  Is it any wonder that I would become a romance novel lover as an adult?  I actually had three copies of the book; the Disney edition, a Little Golden book edition, and the Ladybird edition.   Of the three, the Ladybird edition was my favourite.  In this rendition of the fairy tale, the ball at the palace is actually three nights long.  And each night Cinderella wears a different dress.  The detail of the illustrations is magnificent, I could spend hours pouring over each page and still miss some detail.  I could never decide which of the three dresses were my favourite.  Check out some of the illustrations at the Ladybird website. 

No comments: